3 Ways to attract top talent to your company
In today’s job market, you have to be willing to compete. There’s just no possible way around it.
Candidates have all of the leverage when looking for a job—there are currently more job openings than people willing to take those jobs. So how do you set yourself apart from the competition in order to attract top talent to your company?
There are a few things you can do today to attract talent to your company that has a low risk and offers a high reward.
- Be active on social media: People like to engage with businesses on social media. Posting regularly to your social media accounts shows your audience that you want to create a dialogue with them, and if your company can create content to share on social media that people find interesting and valuable, then they will remember you next time they start looking for job opportunities.
- Offer opportunities for growth: Professional development is one of the top things that candidates are looking for in a new job. It’s good for business, too. According to a survey from Better Buys, employees who are offered professional development opportunities are 15% more engaged, and 92% say having access to professional development is important to them.
Employers who don’t offer professional development are missing out on one of the keys to both attracting and retaining top talent.
- Show your current employees respect: Respect can go a long way when it comes to team building. If you want your direct reports to respect you, then it’s important that you show them the respect they deserve. Word travels fast, and if employees can see that their employers care, then you will attract new talent to fill vacant positions.
Do this by:
- Being respectful of employees’ time and not scheduling unnecessary meetings
- Being respectful of their ability and not micromanaging
- Being respectful of their ideas and listening to their concerns
The best way to attract top talent to your company is to listen to what your current employees and new candidates need in order to be happy and successful. If you need help developing strategies to attract exceptional leaders worth following to your company, then reach out to me today! I would love to help you.