Here’s to Your Happiness
“The pursuit of happiness,” as the US Declaration of Independence famously puts it, is perhaps the most succinct bellwether of a life well-lived. Some companies target employee happiness as a business strategy. With work consuming a large part of life, we think it’s important to take some time this month to consider your own happiness. “The Top 10 List for Executive Happiness” is a list that resonated with us in the past and we want to revisit it. We hope it’s thought-provoking for you as well.
Top 10 List for Executive Happiness
1. What other people think of you is none of your business – live your life.
2. Moderation in all things…even good things.
3. Hard work and grit beats intelligence every time.
4. Workout 5 or 6 times a week, it helps manage stress and keeps you healthy.
5. Caring about others more than yourself makes you a much better person.
6. Stuff will not make you happy, only good relationships and being productive will.
7. There is a higher power, when you listen to it, life is good.
8. The only people that lose are people that give up, never give up on yourself or your family.
9. Life is not as serious as you think, make time for being silly.
10. Treat success and failure, those two impostors, just the same…you are never as good as your highest high or as bad as your lowest low.
Additional Resource: Click here to watch Robert Waldinger present his fascinating research in a TED Talk on “What makes a good life? Lessons from the longest study on happiness.”